Friday, April 3, 2009

My Introduction To Seiko Divers

I don't know why he thought of it, but it struck my brother that he had a watch of my paternal grandfather's that he hadn't paid particular attention to since he got it. My birthday was coming up, and knowing that I am somewhat sentimental, he asked me if I might be interested in it as a gift.

He showed me some pictures of the watch...


click to enlarge


click to enlarge

Knowing it was my grandfather's. and thinking it looked pretty cool, I said "sure."

So, my brother asked a watch buddy of his about it, and found out that it was an often sought after watch. To some, it was even a grail watch (the first time I had ever heard the term). He sent it off to Jack at IWW for a "spa" treatment. I think it was almost a year later when...







Wow. I was stunned. The watch is beautiful, and as far as we know, all-original except for the crystal. We even managed to find a NOS waffle strap for it. Unfortunately, the rubber must have been too old, and the strap split soon after I started wearing it. It is now on a bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment